The Australian Ceroc Dance Championships
Friday 5th to Sunday 7th June 2020
The Grand Ballroom at Bankstown Sports Club
8 Greenfield Parade, Bankstown, Sydney
If you’ve skipped straight to this page, make sure you also read the Championships Home Page which has plenty of other useful and important information.
Competitor Entry and Pricing
Competitor entries open on Monday 2nd March 2020 and close on Wednesday 20th May 2020. All entries must be submitted online – see the bottom of this page for the link to the entry form. We would rather get your entry EARLY, so even if you don’t have the money yet to pay until the due date on 20th May, please submit now and pay later.
ALL COMPETITOR ENTRIES MUST BE PAID BY 20th MAY – NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please be aware that the footage is of finals and performances only. Feel free to video the heats and semi finals on your phone throughout the competition days.
Categories, Levels and Rules
All competitors are required to read the relevant rules documents in order to determine their level and the rules relevant to the categories they are entering. All events differ so please don’t assume the rules are the same as the last competition you entered.
A quick summary of categories is on the Championships Home Page (2019 for reference only – 2020 coming soon) however please read the detailed rules document for full qualification details.
Links to the rules documents for this event are below.
Things Competitors Always Miss
Please note these important points which people often don’t realise. Reading the points below does not substitute the need for all competitors to read the full rules document.
– In Pro Am/Mix n Match, you are NOT PERMITTED to compete with a partner you are dancing with in any other part of that day’s competition or who you have competed with at a previous event of that same dance style. The only exception to this is a partner you rotate to for only part of a team routine that has partner swaps, plus we can make exception for interstate competitors (only) who will be allowed to compete with someone they have previously competed with (but not to compete with them in another category on the same day) provided they did not place 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
– You cannot dance at a level below the level you have qualified for, even in a different category. For example if you have qualified for Advanced DWAS, then you must dance at Advanced level in BOTH Freestyle and DWAS, regardless of whether or not you have qualified via Intermediate Plus Freestyle.
– We must be notified of all intended entries for Teams and Showcases no later than Monday 20th April 2020 so we can ensure there are sufficient entries for these categories to go ahead and can confirm with all choreographers and team leaders that their rehearsing can continue.
– All Champions Freestyle competitors must submit song choices by the closing date for entries. Please read Attachment A of the rules document fo guidelines on your choices.
– *NEW LAST YEAR* There is now a new rule for progression from Intermediate Plus to Advanced at this event. Please read Page 4 of the rules document carefully and email email@example.com if you have any questions.
– *NEW LAST YEAR* There is now a new definition on the required Modern Jive content in Teams and Showcases for this event. Please read pages 11 and 12 of the rules document carefully and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Links to Rules, Policies and Entry Forms
Competitor Entry Form – coming soon
Competitor Information and Rules – coming soon
Breach of Rules Policy – click here