NSW Ceroc Modern Jive & West Coast Swing Dance Championships
Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th June 2017
The Grand Ballroom at Bankstown Sports Club
8 Greenfield Parade, Bankstown, Sydney
If you’ve skipped straight to this page, make sure you also read the Championships Home Page which has plenty of other useful and important information.
Competitor Entry and Pricing
Competitor entries open on 1st March 2017 and close on 19th May 2017*. All entries must be submitted online at this link.
*The online entry system is now closed. For late West Coast Swing entries, due to Swingsation we will allow entries until Tuesday 23rd May – please set up your online account at this link if you don’t already have one and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your booking.
Full Weekend Pass Price:
Only $180 including competition entry in both styles on both days, plus the Friday and Sunday night parties. All passes must be paid for by 19th May – no exceptions.
A La Carte Prices:
Friday Night Dance Party – $20
Saturday Modern Jive Competitor Entry – $75 for unlimited categories and including free spectator access* to the WCS comps on Sunday
Sunday West Coast Swing Competitor Entry – $65 for unlimited categories, including WSDC fees and free spectator access* to the Modern Jive comps on Saturday
Sunday Dance Party and Performance Night – $30
*Free spectator access included in your competition entry fee is not transferable and not refundable if unused. If you withdraw your competition entry the spectator access will become void.
Video Footage of Finals and Performances:
$30 per competition day for Online Download
Categories, Levels and Rules
All competitors are required to read the relevant rules documents in order to determine their level and the rules relevant to the categories they are entering. All events differ so please don’t assume the rules are the same as the last competition you entered.
A quick summary of categories is on the Championships Home Page however please read the detailed rules document for full qualification details.
Links to the rules documents for this event are below.
Things Competitors Always Miss
Please note these important points which people often don’t realise:
- In Mix n Match and Pro Am you are NOT PERMITTED to compete with a partner you are dancing with in any other part of that day’s competition or who you have competed with at a previous event. The only exception to this is a partner you rotate to for only part of a team routine that has partner swaps.
- You cannot dance at a level below the level you have qualified for, even in a different category. For example if you have qualified for Advanced DWAS due to a placing in Intermediate Plus DWAS, then you must dance at Advanced level in both Freestyle and DWAS, regardless of whether or not you have placed in Intermediate Plus Freestyle. In West Coast Swing your Jack n Jill level determines which level of the competition you dance in. You may apply to dance up a level, but you are not permitted to dance below your DWAS/Jack n Jill level.
- We must be notified of all intended entries for Modern Jive Teams and Showcases, and West Coast Swing Classic and Pro Am Routines no later than 21st April 2017 so we can ensure there are sufficient entries for these categories to go ahead and can confirm with all choreographers and team leaders that their rehearsing can continue.
New Things In The Modern Jive Rules This Year
- You can dance in Intermediate Plus Over 40s AND the regular Intermediate Plus Freestyle this year – but not with the same partner.
- Champions qualified dancers are eligible to dance in Mix n Match even if they are not a teacher.
Links to Rules and Policies
What is Modern Jive and What is West Coast Swing? (document)
What is Modern Jive and What is West Coast Swing? (video)